Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Dr. Paul Perez, Dr. Elizabeth Crapanzano, and the team at Avenue Family Dentistry know that you will have questions regarding dental care for you and your family. It’s something they expect and welcome from their patients. They believe that patient education is an important part of maintaining good oral health and making good treatment decisions, so they are happy to answer any questions you might have. They are never too busy to address any concerns you might have about your teeth and mouth. We want you to be well informed!
We’ve answered some of the more common questions we often hear below. But please don’t hesitate to come to us if you have other questions that haven’t been addressed here—regardless of how small they might seem. We firmly believe there is no such thing as a silly question, and we want you to feel secure about having chosen us as your dental care provider. Before you undergo any treatment, we want to be sure you feel completely comfortable and confident about the route you have chosen. We are here to provide you with all the information you need to make the best decisions for you and for your oral health.
- When should my child see a dentist for the first time?
- What is a sealant?
- I hate the way my teeth look. What should I do?
- How safe are dental x-rays?
- I have a fear of going to the dentist. What should I do?
- Why should I go to the dentist regularly?
- Should I get dental treatment when I am pregnant?
- What types of dental changes are normal when I am pregnant?
- When should I bring my child in for his or her first visit?
- Is fluoride safe for my baby?
- What do I do if my child has a dental emergency?!