Many of our patients are health-conscious and express concerns about the levels of radiation in dental x-rays. Dental x-rays have always been among the lowest in radiation because we are capturing only a small area. Because we care about you and your health, our New Orleans dental team has invested in digital x-rays for your safety. The amount of radiation exposure during the taking of dental x-rays is extremely small. In fact, you can absorb more radiation by being outside. Digital x-rays emit 80-90 percent less radiation than traditional x-rays.
Digital x-rays also have other benefits:
- The are high in resolution, making them superior for diagnosis.
- They can be securely stored in your digital dental chart.
- We can easily compare past x-rays to monitor changes in your health.
- We get instant results because they immediately appear on our computer screen.
- Images can be adjusted, just like traditional photographs. We can zoom in and improve contrast for better views.
Digital x-rays are a small investment with big payoffs. They allow us to detect decay and infection in the earliest stages, reducing the amount of treatment and damage to your teeth. We take only the x-rays necessary for accurate diagnosis. Because your health is important to us, we will make recommendations for preventive treatment based on your individual needs.